Wednesday 28 September 2011

How to... "How to deal with the walk to college" Finished map

This is our solution to the problem "How to deal with the walk to college". We gathered information about where the majority of students in our class lived, which resulted in Liberty Park, this is the route we chose to base our map around.
We mixed the idea of the map with the idea of finding obstacles on your journey (as you would in a game) so we wanted to keep it light hearted and a bit silly, as a group we decided to have elements of the map hand drawn and others digitally designed.
The initial idea to display the map was going to be a simple leaflet you could pick up in Liberty Park reception but I looked into the idea of folding the map itself to form an envelope which then can be distributed to each student at Liberty park that will be studying at LCA.

It was the first time I've properly worked in a group on a brief and I think we all worked well together and everyone gave their input, If I was to do this idea again on my own I'm sure I would have come up with a very different result, but I also found working in the group worked fantastically as ideas were always bouncing off all of us.

I feel the idea of the design is a god one but i think the end result of the map ( in my eyes) seems a bit too cluttered and messy but I still think it works well as a piece of design.

Feedback from the presentation
  • We needed to practice our presentation.
  • We could use some of the space of the back for the map to use as advertisement space.
  • The envelope could hold vouchers for some of the shops and cafes on the map.
  • Design separate maps to lead from other halls of residence.



No comments:

Post a Comment