Wednesday 21 November 2012

Design Production // Design for Print - Final Crit Feedback


Coming into the Final crit at the position I am at the minute is a little bit daunting, Good old time management again has let me down. I left the design stage way too late to be able to be able to get everything done that I initially wanted.

I never planned on incorporating every area of print into the info pack, as I didn't want to over complicate or create too much work for myself. but it has resulted in me not quite having to time to properly finish the publication.


  • It seems that people were overall impressed with the inventiveness of the design but alos they found it difficult to imagine how the book would physically look, when viewed on screen.
  • There was another couple of comments about layout of certain aspects of the design which will probably need to be adjusted.
  • layout of some type creates too many hyphened words in each paragraph, need to adjust some areas to neaten up the body copy.
I am quite looking forward to actually trying to produce the book over the next few weeks as I think it would cret a good opportunity to practice one or two finishing techniques.

Common areas of feedback
  • Good research - A good range of research was undertaken and applied to the brief
  • Contents page - according to amount of information and ease of navigation.
  • Page Numbers - a small aspect that makes a difference in a book, helps navigation.
  • Basic Type Skills - (widows, hyphened body copy line spacing etc.)
  • Spelling Variations - (americanised words such as color, organize)

No comments:

Post a Comment