Friday 30 November 2012

Design Production // Design for Print - Design and content development

Print Process diagrams

I wanted to create my own personal diagrams for each print process, but not being able to photograph each printing method and not wanting to steal others photographs and diagrams, I just tried to reproduce certain diagrams I came across whilst researching which I found useful and simple to understand.

Web Offset


Offset Lithography


Rotogravure


Rotary Printing


Screen Printing


Flexography




The colour scheme chosen was to obviously link to Cyan and Magenta from the four colour process and the blurred appearance was to represent the print finish 'Over printing'. trying to create a constant grid while also avoiding the folds of the book was quite difficult


Design and layout.

I am starting to regret my choice of publication, I originally thought it would make it easier for me to create a larger folding brochure style info pack, but in all honesty i feel it has been much harder for me to work out the layout and grid as well as what information I will actually contain inside the pack, even though it is at a larger scale I think it would have been simpler for me to create a normal DPS publication so I could work out a standard grid system and just repeat through out.




No comments:

Post a Comment