Friday 14 December 2012

Design for Print // Print pack rear design


The more I work on this info pack, the less enthusiasm i have for any of it, it has started to become a chore and I know it is because of my design choice to put it on such large pages for my fold out info pack, i have created such hard work for myself, i also really am not happy with the design in general, I started off in a direction, and due to bad time management, it has resulted in me not having enough time to edit and adjust this pack as I would like.

my aim is to keep the design fairly basic, and focus most of it around the colour scheme, I don't want to focus that much detail onto the diagrams, so simplicity and trend is the key. However I really don't like this book anymore and I wish in all honesty that I could start again and spend a bit more time on the design development stage before making my decisions and running out of time.


Colour modes 

As I am just featuring information in the pack that I would personally find useful, I have left out alot of areas i think are less important to my learning as a designer at this stage in time.

 
The size of the page is making it really difficult for me to place the text, because the grid I have chosen to use doesn't take into account folds in the paper, I have had to adjust copy to fit in between the columns, I know this is not the proper way and I should have done individual grids for each face of the manual. In hind site i have made so much more un enjoyable work because I haven't used a grid system in this way.




Paper sizing and Stock samples

I was trying to keep a constant theme throughout the theme of the book, it hasn't gone quite to plan but I think this part of the bok layout wise is alright.


No comments:

Post a Comment