Tuesday 30 April 2013

Exhibition Poster // Three produced Concepts

After the session, I took some time to sit down and play around with a few different concepts for names for the Exhibition, I was trying to link various elements that both fit within design, exhibitions, location or duration

Below are some examples of the Concepts I produced, which I would choose a final 3 from to develop visual concepts to go with them.


  • Colour De Sac
  • Framed Territory
  • Comfy Design
  • Shape Your Community
  • Disposable Design
  • Disposable Environment
  • Stroke the Emptiness
  • Conveyor Corner
  • 132480 Minutes of Frame
  • Flash Design
  • Communal Grid
  • Discussion Point
I then chose the three which I felt had the possibilities of the strongest visual concept Or in one of the cases I just like the comedic value of the concept and think it would work well as a theme for the exhibition.


Concept 1 - 'The Colour De Sac'

Chosen as the location of the Exhibition is kind of like a street of some sort, and linking a design element to the concept with the 'Colour' - The visual aspect obviously would incorporate mostly colour, but I was also considering mixing both photography and colour with one of my production concepts using a self shot photograph of the Exhibition environment printed digitally and then taken to screen print elements of colour over the photograph.





 Concept 2 - 'Shape Your Community'

This concept relates to the idea that the people entering the exhibition will be the ones 'shaping' their graphic community in college. as well as the obvious relation to shape in design.

Again my initial ideas of this concept again would incorporate both photographic and digitally rendered visuals.
Photography again of the exhibition environment, with shapes cut away from the photograph leaving areas of blank stock or block colour



Concept 3 - '132480 Minutes Of Frame'

This was more of a fun concept that I would like to develop further but at this point I am not sure what reaction I will receive at the crit tomorrow.
The concept itself is based around the phrase '15 Minutes of Fame' however in this Exhibition it will be a duration of 2 months that work will be framed for. Therefore '132480 Minutes of Frame'

There are 132480 minutes in an average 2 monthly period - one 30 day money and one 31 day month



No comments:

Post a Comment