Thursday 2 May 2013

Exhibition Poster // Three concepts crit feedback

Having taken my three concepts to the crit today I wasn't really sure what to expect people to go for, I had more of an idea of what I would want to produce for 2 of the ideas more than another. However I was quite excited about all 3 ideas I had so i wasn't really bothered which one people went for because i think they all would be fun.

The decision was between 2 concepts.

Shape your Community

I think this is the concept that I visually had the strongest idea for at this moment in time, and it was the one example that people seemed to associate with the most.

however I did get the feedback that perhaps the concept of 'Shape your Community' although relevant it isn't really that exciting and isn't as clever as my other concept.

132480 Minutes of Frame

Once I had presented this concept I think most of my crit group agreed that this is the smartest concept and I should continue developing this one, they say as it is both linked to the phrase '15 minutes of fame' which relates to people winning and becoming successful as well as the fact that i have related the concept to both the duration the exhibition and the fact that the winning design will be framed.

There was a specific design that i had presented for this concept which people seemed to think would work well so this crit has really really surprised and helped me quite a lot because the direction i expected to go when I entered the crit, completely changed by the end of it.

Production process

After the crit we were then asked to present our chosen idea in front of the group as well as explain our intentions for the production stage.


At the stage of the creative process I was a little bit more confident with how I would produce my other 2 concepts rather than this one, and was worried that I would have to try and digital print it again which is getting a little boring now and I would like to experiment with more production methods.

As I was getting up to present my concept it suddenly dawned on me that I could actually physically make poster by laser cutting the design onto one stock and sticking it onto a solid bacground stock such as mount board.

No comments:

Post a Comment