Saturday 3 December 2011

Context of Practice - Aesthetics

5 criteria for aesthetic judgement
  • Space ( i enjoy large blocks of space or colour around a design, i think if done well this can create fantastic aesthetics.)
  • Contrast (In colour or content)
  • Humorous (Obviously not all the time, but I feel their is limitless possibilities in graphic design when using comedy)
  • Placement (If you have a main focus point on a design, the placement of this should vcompliment the design)
  • Bright (again, not all the time, but in the right momeny, just having one bright block of colour can make a piece)

5 Things I wish to experience before year 2 to enhance my aesthetic experience of the world around me.
  • Bungee Jump ( I have already done a sky dive, and that definitely opened my eyes to a new aesthetic experience)
  • See and perform more live music ( There is no otehr experience in the world than performing on stage infront of an audience)
  • Visit a country I have never visited before (see a new environment and culture which is out of the ordinary to every day life)
  • Visit more graphic design exhibitions (inspiration to the limitless possibilities of graphic design)
  • Cook fish on a BBQ (never done it but i can guarantee it will broaden my aesthetic experience of taste and smell)

No comments:

Post a Comment