Saturday 6 October 2012

Design Productions // Net Design

After we did the workshop last week taking our nets we had brought in and trying to brand each net with a different design of the same logo I realised that the packaging products I had brought in did not have nets that I could use for my other designs.

Therefore I decided to gather another 5 pieces of packaging that do have nets that I will be able to use. you can see my new items below


1.

 2.

 3.

 4.

 5.

As it is the brand that I was focusing on last week in the net workshop with Lorraine I will continue to use the Starbucks logo, I have an idea of some of the aspects that I want to follow through with the design, I would quite like to focus the nets around the design that Starbucks use on their cup sleeves



It is more the printing method and outcome of print that I am mostly interested in, i like the way the logo has printed onto the thick stock, the texture and the colour of the stock really help the printed elements look rustic and more 'coffee like' its minimal use of colour helps both the green ink and the brown of the stock stand out and this is the kind of style I would like to re create with my nets.

As this is a quick brief and we were asked to produce mock up representations I have decided that my stock choice is going to try and match as closely as possible to the Starbucks cup sleeve. 
I think the card used on the sleeve would be too thick to digital print, and I won't have time to screen, therefore I want to re create a similar outer texture, so after a trip up to the library I came accross the brown parcel paper, which is extrememly cheap and thin but then it also has a very similar outer texture to the sleeve, if not maybe it is a little more glossy.



I think I'll give this stock ago, even though it is ridiculously thin and delicate paper I still believe this will be able to  get my idea across for the crit next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment