Friday 18 November 2011

alphabet soup/ Workshop Illustrator development

I am still having problems with the same letters but I feel in context they would work well, the only one I think would be a real problem is the 'v' as it is very similar to the 'u' but I have tried various different designs for the 'v' and all apart from this one were quite disappointing visually and would have ended up ruining the aesthetics of the alphabet, but I will continue to try and develop the 'v' while trying to maintain the design concept and theme. 


These are the two main 'v' s I came up, I decided to stick with the 'v' on the left but i don't believe it will be my final finished selection.




This is the 'h', 's' and 'z' which I have also been having trouble with, the 'h' is legible but I'm not sure if I like the design, i don't think it fits with the visuals of the remaining alphabet, but if changes were made i fear it would be unidentifiable amongst 'b'.
The 's' and 'z' I really like the shapes, but I am not 100% sure if away from the rest of the alphabet if people would be able to visually recognise what they are.


This is my final print version of my illustrator typeface, after having printed the A1 poster, I realised that i had not mirrored the 'q', which is quite annoying but I have adjusted it now.
Yellow and black were my choices of colour as I felt these 2 worked best for this typeface, the cyan and magenta were just too bold and bright for the feel i wanted, so going with a paler yellow fits the theme I wanted to get.

Certain letters work better than others.
I tried experimenting to see what the typeface would look like in sentence form. 


Also after printing I have been developing my 'v' and as you can see from the poster above, it looks much clearer now than the previous.


It still is a little annoying I cant think of a design that doesn't need to be slanted but i believe it fits in better with the typeface and doesn't look out of place when used in the poster above.

No comments:

Post a Comment