Monday 14 November 2011

Proverbally yours// Mailshot Final designs and crit feedback


My final finished designs for my cancer research, 'Time is a great healer' from a doctors perspective.

The one problem I had with printing, unfortunately my mailshot which I will be sending to LCA the cross on the front of the envelop and the one in on the flier were not aligned perfectly due to the inaccuracy of the double sided printer, I was told that there was no way of stopping this from happening so just decided on this 1 not to cut out the section on the cross, just for the sake of aesthetics. However the rest of the print outs were quite accurate which allowed the cutting to take place and I think these work really well.




I believe the belly bands should hopefully stay on through transit, because I am not fully aware how post is organised, if there are rollers or some mechanical system to organise the post it is possible that it may loosen the belly bound, resulting in it falling off.

But I will only be able to see this result once the post is returned.

Crit Feedback



Overall I got some very positive feedback from both pairs of peers, my message was perceived clearly and they all understood what was being said and agreed it linked well with both my given proverb and occupation.

There was a couple of suggestions for areas that could be changed slightly or improved;
  • The mailing list addresses could have been thought about better, (Not all of them) but for example sending the mail shot to Cancer Research UK may be  quite redundant, seeming though it was a design for them.  
  • Another was about the colour choice, which I agree with, maybe blood red wouldn't be an appropriate colour for cancer research, they use mostly blue and pink for there website and logo maybe I could have based the colours on that, but then unfortunately that would loose one of the links to my poster designs if changed. But Blue seems like quite a common colour in the medical industry, so might be a possible change in the design.  However, you could argue that the blood red colour links to the 'shock factor' that cancer research usually use on advertisements.
The rest of the feed back was very positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment