Friday 11 November 2011

Proverbally yours// Mailshot progress and development

I want to be able to keep my posters and this mail shot linked as close as possible and due to the fact that my proverb 'Time is a great healer' is so closely related to my given profession of a doctor.



From initial ideas, the concept of personifying the proverb and my previous poster logo to create a character "Dr. Time" . I want to make this design interesting so maybe some form of cut out or interesting fold would be nice. 
After researching in some packaging and paper folding books I have a a few ideas that I could possibly follow

 Maybe some idea revolving around a prescription pad but i think the paper may be too thin to create a successful professional print.
Also if I design an envelope with some form of cut through design to reveal a certain image of the mail shot inside.

If I was to follow the prescription pad idea I would need some form of hand written script text, OR linking the design with the posters I could continue using a digital typeface, but in the first designs I created the digital type myself and as there will be significantly more text on this mail shot then maybe getting a digital type font would be easier.

Digital 7
 Found these fonts on dafont.com, I believe this type would work well in a design that represents time.

 These hand scripted typefaces were the ones I found that had most "Doctor handwriting" characteristics.



 This net was just a quick idea to have individual tabs on each end of the 16cm x 11 cm rectangles, but my folding was not accurate and realised half way through that the final rectangle would not be able to have a tab in the smae formation as the rest.
However  I was thinking of a similar idea where I would be able to cut an image of a doctors coat or some incorporation of the logo i made in the posters


No comments:

Post a Comment