Tuesday 26 March 2013

CoP // Publication - Concept


 I have decided to base my CoP publication on 'The Psychology of logos' as this relates to the topic which my essay was based on - 'What Creates a successful logo?'. The next stage of the process is to do some more in depth research into the different elements that a designer can take advantage of to psychologically influence a consumer and create some form of emotional bond to the brand.

The 5 key points in my essay that I concluded were the most important factors to creating a successful logo


  • Simplicity
  • Surprise factor / Cleverness (Hidden visual messages relating to name/ skills of brand)
  • Versatility (works on different media and at different scales)
  • Originality (unique designs that have not been copied or majorly influenced by brand competitor)
  • Message (underlying message of logo, keeps consistent with brands personality and specific target audience)
These elements are all key to creating a relevant and successful logo, but are very individual depending on the specific project and the brand you are designing for.

I want to create a publication that gives a brief overview of the psychological effects that different aspects of logos have on a consumer. It seems that the 3 key elements that can create emotion from a viewer that can also be controlled by the designer are
  • Colour 
  • Shape
  • Font
And these will be the next elements which I will research in depth. 

I have sketched out a quick flow chart which hopefully gets accross how I intend to structure the publication and the different headings and sub headings that I will use.






I have actually found preparing flowcharts /  some form of graphic  really helpful when initially designing a publication, it helps me understand my progress as well as understand the direction i want to project to go in. 
It overall gives me a lot more confidence throughout the project.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment