Tuesday 12 March 2013

Responsive // Barcardi - Cuban Bacards - Making of box

I took a trip down to the woodwork studio today and talked to one of the engineers about creating a slide top box at the required dimensions, and luckily he was really helpful because I was a little worried if i would be able to physically get the box constructed or just have to propose it. i really want to make the box to learn some new skills, and I now know how to make a slide top box.

I also am glad because now I get to use the laser cutter and learn how that works as it is a tool that I would love to use regularly in design and i have been too intimidated in future briefs but now i am forcing myself to learn skills that are out of my comfort zone.

Once he had explained the easiest way he asked what wood i am wanting to use, as this is a first design i want to keep it cheap in case i make mistakes so i chose Ply wood for now, and to be honest the finish really isn't that bad.

Box dimensions 

170mm w x 120 mm H x 50 mm D





No comments:

Post a Comment