Wednesday 13 March 2013

Responsive // Bacardi - Laser Cutting Box Design

I made some slight alterations to the design before I started laser cutting, The box makes the design work more as a peice and I have got some positive feedback after I have added the surounding boxes.
I think it represents both a traditional and modern element to this product which both shows the age and wisdom of Bacardi as Rum brewers as well as a more modern style of sans serif type which appeal to a more modern younger "hipster" audience.


On the test run, on a scrap piece of floppy Ply wood, the outcome was awesome, I loved how the design looked rasterd on it had a really nice dark finish which I though worked really well and linked nicely to the Cuban Cigar aesthetic.



However, Unfortunately, I messed up the printing dimensions on the actually lid, so it came out not centered which is really quite annoying, the wood because it is much harder didn't raster the image nearly as dark as the test piece, so overall I messed up on the final piece, which was upsetting, but I will carry on and see how the product turns out, I intend to cut the test piece to the correct dimensions and the attach it to the lid, to cover my mistake, as well as giving and extra aesthetic quality to the lid.


No comments:

Post a Comment