Saturday 9 March 2013

Responsive // Label design development


I found when I completed this design that there should at least be some information involved in the design somewhere, even if it is just the name of the product.


Therefore i came up with the idea of adding an additional smaller label underneath that purely consisted of the name Cuban Bacards. it will also allow an opportunity to link the 2 designs which will be quite interesting.

This label is half the width 50mm W x 10mm H x, so the design area is only small, i also have to consider how I am going to attatch these labels, idealing the would be sticks to ensure that the stay in place as well as allow easy production, but in this case as it is just a proposal i will print onto stock and wrap it round and attatch it to itself so nothing is permanently attached to the test tube. it will be good enough to get some product photographs.

Original discarded Ideas

The colour scheme I was playing with was meant to give a lighter element to the label as it is opposed with a dark quite aggressive design for the main label.


 I also was playing around with the font that Bacardi use for most of their branding - Perpetua Bold


I did how ever like the placement of the logo and the banner seeming to hold it in place, so this element I will keep when adjusting other elements of the design.


I realised then that the chains holding the Bacardi bat in place are a visual concept that I can maintain throughout the other products, i think it is a strong manly visual concept that creates the feeling of power and quality.



I ensured that the main central chain was linked between both labels to keep consistency, as the labels are quite small and will be wrapper rounf a small circumference the simplicity of the design is important,



No comments:

Post a Comment