Sunday 20 January 2013

Design Production // Design for print and web - ETE logo development and page layout alterations

Using Gotham Ultra, I started to play around on illustrator with my initial ideas, i like the way the font fits together. As I am keeping the magazine mostly gray scaled, it was important that ithe logo would fit in, whether it was on the cover, within the pages of the magazine, on the website or on any other promotional media.

Keeping it all one colour will really help keep the theme, but it may be more difficult to work out what the logo means. 


I really like the above layout of the logo, but I am not too keen on the fact I have to change the colour of the 't' to make it make sense. However, my thought are at this point, if the logo is introduced on the cover or the website, it could be given with the title of the publication and once the logo has been associated with the name then it is not that important that it is 100% legible, as I said before the logo will just be an image/ pattern to be associated with the magazine.





 I really like the 2 designs above, I think it creates a strong image that could easily be linked to a photography magazine. the type of the title underneath the logo will only feature together on the cover of the magazine as well as the website.

It also as a whole looks like a SLR camera which again just emphasises the photography and typography theme of this brief.


This is how the logo will be placed on each page, I personally think it suits the page layout as well as the photography incorporated

No comments:

Post a Comment