Wednesday 15 May 2013

Design Practice 2 // Beer Mat Production

Most of the products I am producing will be created out of designs cut out of the required material on the laser cutter, and painted by hand to the required specification.

Therefore I wanted a good solid material to use for the beer mats as they need to be light weight but durable so a solid thick card such as mount board would be a good option, I got a stone coloured board so that when I paint the coasters they will have a nice vibrant colour which won't be dulled by a darker material, however with Gouache paint i think it paints with the same intensity on any colour back ground.
After laser cutting the beer mats, I had to re mix the existing colours that I had used for the bottle labels, which in hind sight I should have produced them all at once to allow me to use the same paint for each product. However I think i did a pretty good job of colour mixing and matching and the results I am quite happy with. I have never seen a beer mat similar to these so it would grab my attention, especially with the broad range of eye catching colours that have been used.


A fun promotional tool that can be distributed around bars, pubs and clubs in student and young professional environments, they can also be given away with beer purchases, so it would be a wide spread promotion.


As a set, the colour scheme works nicely together, these colour be sold as a separate product, in supermarkets, bottle shops or perhaps in hipster stores such as Urban Outfitters or TopMan which would be another way of distributing and promoting Viking Beard ale to the required target audience.


No comments:

Post a Comment