Thursday 16 May 2013

Design Practice 2 // Necklace / Bottle Opener design and Production

One of my main aims was to create a bottle opener which both worked and linked to the visuals I have created for the brand, Having spent a long time developing the logo and working out that by adjusting the logo shape i could utilize it as both a logo and a proposed bottle opener.


I altered the design slightly to attach the helmet to the beard, and incorporated a whole to attach the necklace / handle element, I suggested that it is both a necklace and a bottle opener as I feel many people may use it as a fashion accessorise as rustic style , string made necklaces are a hipster fashion at the minute, but it's main function would be a bottle opener, bar tenders could wear it round their neck while they work, which promotes the beer and shows the brands versatility.

As I very much doubt I will have enough time to make an actual metal version of this bottle opener, I will again use the same mount board i used for the Beer mats, just to propose how they would look and work as a set.


 Once cut out I again matched a bottle opener to each colour so they could either work as a consistent set or people could mix and match colours depending on their preference.


As you can see below, the bottle opener would come attached to the bottle which with the string I have chosen adds another rustic element to the design which again links well to the Viking way of life. or they can be given out separately with purchases or bought from hipster stores around the UK. 


Below is an example of how it would work as a bottle opener, currently being made out of mount board it doesn't actually work, but it would if a metal version was created.

No comments:

Post a Comment