Thursday 9 May 2013

Design Practice 2 // Logo Feedback and alterations

i took the my logo to a group of peers today to get their individual reactions to what I had created, there was a lot of initial positive reactions, and the letters formed from the platted pattern on the beard grabbed a lot of peoples attention, however there was one peice of consistent constructive feedback that I had received from a number of people, and that was perhaps the hape at the bottom of the beard could be 'more beard like' perhaps the A could form into two plats. it would also benefit the logo I think if it were more symmetrical.

I  therefore messed around with a nother couple of ideas .

Firs the plat I dea, which I actually found quite difficult to accurately represent them in a way that fitted with the existing shape of the 'A' so I wasn't a fan of this final outcome I thought if I can create nothing else I could come back to this idea at a later stage to try and re think how it would work, but for now I am just going to move on to the next idea.


I then created this piece below, by shaping the logo in this way it not only shapes the logo as a Viking beard but it symmetrical and if this shape was formed out of metal it could be used and sold as a bottle opener which is a perfect product to be linked with the brand.


 I took the new ideas to get some more feedback from peers and everybody quite clearly chose the most recent design that could also be used as a bottle opener.

No comments:

Post a Comment