Tuesday 7 May 2013

Exhibition Poster // Poster production

When producing the poster, I firstly took a trip to the library to purchase two pieces of mount board , a black or dark colour for the background and a white or lighter colour to cut the design out of which will then be stuck on to give a 3D element to the poster.

Once seeing the options I chose a Charcoal and Stone colour mount board as I thought they were a bit softer that the white and black mount board so I think they compliment each other well.

I then took my design down to the laser cutters to get the design cut into the stone mount board. I chose to get the machine to cut me an A2 sized art board surrounding the design so i would be able to place the negative design in the center and be able to use it as a template when sticking the pieces to the background.


Once the design had been cut, I collected all the pieces as both the positive and negative cuts are need to produce the poster.

As you can see below the  I started by centering the A2 frame in the centre of the A1 background, I then jigsawed all the pieces into their correct place.


 This is now when I individually started taking out the positive elements of the design one at a time, applying glue and sticking it directly back in its specific space. This made the task of constructing the poster much easier than i initially expected as I thought I would have to re draw the layout guidelines in pencil on the board, which would have probably taken triple the time and could have resulted in misplaced elements, especially with the smaller text.
 

 Once all the correct parts had been stuck i removed the negative template and was left with my final poster.


No comments:

Post a Comment