Thursday 9 May 2013

Exhibition Poster // Final Crit Feedback

In this brief the winning 7 designs out of our course will be voted for by us in this final crit. i was quite confident for a change with this brief, I am really happy with the outcome of both my concept and completed poster so it will be fun to see the feedback that I receive.

Unfortunately I was not one of the top 7 that was chosen but i wasn't far off so I am proud of myself while still a little disappointed, as I guess many of the course will be.

However we still sat down in small groups and talked through our concepts and posters to get some final feedback from peers.

After explaining my concept, I seemed to get quite a lot of positive feedback about the production and the final visuals of the poster. However there were aspects which I could have done to help improve the understanding of the concept.

a few people explained that they didn't understand what the actually concept was before it was explained. Once it had been explained everyone again agreed that it was a smart idea.
Therefore it was suggested that I could have incorporated a little more information on the poster explaining its relation to the phrase '15 minutes of fame' so people would understand the logic behind it without having to have an explanation.

It was also suggested that perhaps I could have tried to work out a way of creating a moving clock for the poster.
This was considered at the start but I came to the conclusion that the brief is way to short for me to be able to both create and produce a working flip clock as well as the fact that the final posters would be placed in frames so there wouldn't be any space for the mechanism to actually work.

After receiving the feedback I think if i was to add / amend anything on the poster I would create another little text frame which would also be laser cut, just explaining the link to 15 minutes of fame perhaps something like

'Who needs 15 minutes of fame when you can have 132480 minutes of frame'

No comments:

Post a Comment