Friday 24 February 2012

Design Practice 1 - Design is about doing posters - Crit Analysis

Using the technique
  • Describe
  • Interpret
  • Evaluate
  • Theorise
 Describe-
  • Type representing rain
  • Rose- representing England
  • Droplet is Earth
Interpret-

I am trying to not focus on an individual benefit Britain gets from the rain, but instead trying to portrait the country is great thanks to rain and we are proud of it.
The first poster Shows this by having the one of the proud emblems of England, the Rose, growing in the rain that is signified by the type. This message shows the growing capabilities of England as well as representing it's pride and need for the rain.
The second Shows the same emblem but this time representing a puddle in the rain, this shows that England (again represented by the rose) is made of rain and if it wasn't for it, we would not exist as we are today.
The final poster Shows Great Britain sitting on a rain drop as it would planet Earth, this is quite self explanatory what it means especially when accompanied with the type.

Evaluate-

I personally really like the concepts I have produced here, I think they all represent and promote  clearly rain in Britain, I would like to try and incorporate all the countries in great Britain emblems, but i have not had time to solve that problem as of yet, hopefully this will be something i receive from the crit feedback.
I like the layout and design of all my posters, but it seems after gathering peer feedback that the design I like most was not received as well as the other 2 posters, but I suppose that is just personal taste.

Theorise -

I do believe it solves the problem, I think my designs do explain to UK visitors that " so much rain is attractive". They show the pride of Britain and the strength of Britain and explains it is because of so much rain that England is a thriving nation. They are simple messages but I believe they make the point I am trying to make clear. i am looking forward to getting them printed on some nice stock, this will really bring the posters together, giving them a good solid poster feel as well as an off white background for the 2 posters with a plain finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment