Tuesday 7 February 2012

Design Process - 100 things, Final crit feedback

Design direction - 

Strengths - 
  • 'Company for fitness - easy to understand what it's about
Design development-

Strengths- 
  • 'Logo is clever'
Weaknesses
  • 'The cut out on the poster is not needed'
I disagree with this statement, just because the purpose of the poster it to adapt to any surface and capture the eye of on lookers, I think having the figure cut out adds some character to the poster.

Visual Quality-

Strengths
  • 'Use of same colours, except for one poster'
  • 'Bottles look professional'
Weaknesses-
  • On the type on the bag I have put 1 too many full stops, it is said that 3 dot's is the rule, I did not know this but I will rmember it for next time.
Technical Competance- 

Strengths-
  • Good body copy
Weaknesses
  • Needs refinement in some areas
  • Find stock that doesnt bleed
i agree with both those comments, I wasn't happy with my stock choice, i have seen from other peoples prints that using the paper from the print room and not the library does improve the quality of the outcome even though it is considerably more expensive.
 There re many areas that could do with being sorted but now unfortunately i will have to just explain what I would change if I had more time and learn from my mistakes and move on.

Additional comments
  • 'If you use round font (same as logo) on the back of the booklet, then 'FAT' would be easier to see because it looks like 'FHI'
I would need to amend the type on the leaflet cover, it is a good idea to curve the type, but then it might effect the sharp edges I wanted from the type, but I think legibility is more important in some cases.

No comments:

Post a Comment