Friday 22 February 2013

Responsive // Jamie Jooste Album Cover

The designs need to remain consistent, so I will be using the same font and colour scheme that was used on the Facebook cover photo, the design also need to remain as simple as possible, while using the photograph again as the sthe main aspect

I started the design process by playing with the photography that I had been given, I wanted to mess around with patterns, to both incorporate solid bright reds while breaking up the photography a little to give the design a broken element.


This cover will be an on going process, and as there is still a few months until the EP is released these are all just ideas to be considered at the minute, so the patterns and options I have developed will be further developed over the next few months.

I used the labels that I created for the banner and adjusted them to incorporate the name of the album and the artists name. the red on its own in this format was far too bold and looked a little out of place, so I used the eraser tool to edit the opacity of the red labels to allow it to blend with the photography better while still incorporating the red into the artwork.


As I am trying to keep the design as simple but visually appealing as possible I started to play around with the placement of the title and the cropped image that I will use for the design.

Below are the final options that I produced and sent to Jamie, at this stage she is happy with the results but we will work on which elements of which design she wants to incorporate, as well as further information / imagery she would like to add.





No comments:

Post a Comment