Sunday 17 February 2013

Responsive // Jamie Jooste Facebook Banner Design


It seemed when talking through ideas that Jamie was leaning towards using this specific photograph to be used in the design of the face book banner. I Am initially wanting to edit the photographs in photoshop, however these photographs are already well it and contrasted, they feel like quite raw images which is a theme that Jamie has throughout as much of the EP is quite angry, so I don't want to edit the photos too much.

Just some light adjustments of the brightness and contrast of the photo as well as obviously cropping the image at the correct dimensions and placement.




Choice of cropped images - 

Both the eyes and the gripped wrist are the many features of this photograph as they are the elements that portrait the emotion / personality of this specific character - I tried a range of different options after editing the photo just to experiment with what aesthetically works best.





As Jamie's music is quite loud and angry, I wanted to represent that in the images I produced, while also using the required colour scheme.

I initially started off just playing around with font and text placement. I thought the layering of the photo in the text over the top of the initial image breaks up the photography to give it a loud personality. 

Jamie was sat with me while I was going through some initial ideas and this style of type seemed to impress her the most, so I went away and messed around with options using the same imagery and type, while also introducing the red element to the design.



I didnt want to over power the photography with red and I didn't want to simply edit the photograph to be duo tone, so i decided to use the red as a sort of label for the Artists name. it then helps the image look more like a design than just a photograph with type over the top.


I played around with various options for the placement of the 'label' and sent them to Jamie to get feedback on the designs to see what elements she likes and doesn't like.






It seemed at these initial stages these were exactly what she wanted and the banner she proffered went up not too long after, this seemed to be a very quick brief but as I already know Jamie and know her taste and the type of visuals and promotion she is going for it made it much easier to create something she wanted quickly, but I understand this isn't always the case.


No comments:

Post a Comment