Friday 16 March 2012

Design Practice 1 - Stamp it // Initial Ideas and feed back.


For the Cit today, we had to bring  design ideas and  development sheets, I had another 2 spider diagram sheets, for my development, but unfortunately I appear to have misplaced them prior to the crit, which is quite annoying,

However, I went with a general idea of what I would like to do, after researching bout various eco friendly messages I have chosen an area that has always been in the back of my mind when it comes to Eco messages.

I want to focus on trying to persuade people to turn off their electrical equipment properly and not just leave it on standby - I think this is an important message as many people don't understand how much energy a product is using if it is left on standby.
In alot of products for example Plasma television, the tv uses 100% capability when turned on and still uses 85% capability when it's on standby.
Some people never turn devices off and over all leaving products on standby causes 1% of worldly CO2 emissions.


 My first ideas revolve around the visuals that can incorporate standby lights, I want to get the message across that everybody makes a difference, but obviously due to the lack of space we have to work with, then a lot of text is not an option, I want to try and keep the design as simple as possible, because I think it would be very easy to over crowed the small area.
Too much text would require a small font size, and if we are trying to communicate to everybody, we want everybody to be able to read/ view and understand the message.
 




 The only design idea i came up with that was not based on turning off standby light message, was the design above, where I had an idea which was inspired by David Attenborough on the BBC series Frozen Planet, basically showing an Ariel satellite image of the north pole, through the set of stamps it would start 1980 and end 2012, showing 4 stages of the melting polar




No comments:

Post a Comment