Friday 23 March 2012

Design Practice 1 // Stamp it - Print and production

When I took my design to print I knew that printing black would not be very Environmentally friendly, so obviously if this was a real brief i would have to find a friendlier way of printing the black but for now the only way i can get it printed on the media i want and in the time I have, is to use digital print.

the only way I know of getting stickers done, is to digitally print them and cut them out using the vinyl cutter, this took along time due to the intricacy of the outer shape, but I am happy with how they have come out. The dots are clear, the type is legible, th queens head and amount is clearly visible, and the stock allowed minimal to no bleed.


Double print again was a quick decision, it was either that or, print each side separately and stick them together manually, for the sake of cost and speed I double side printed again. As expected they were no where near in line, so once again, my silly decisions have effected the outcome of the design.




3 A2 Presentation boards   
We were also required to make 3 A2 presentation boards that can be presented with the stamps, to explain, research, development and final products.

Research

general research on standby power that influenced my design decisions

Development

 Development from initial Ideas and feedback to final chosen design that I will take to the crit.

Final Design

Final finished designs in actual size and 4 times enlarged.


Book production.

 As the stamps are cut out stickers, all I need to do is cut out the set, and stick it to the right hand page of the inner book, this will then be able to be used like a working book of stamps, each one can be pealed and used.




I am reasonably happy with the finished article as it is. It has been interesting to see other peoples designs, to see how they have individually responded to the same task. i am sure i will get some comments about the design, but i have enough confidence in it to be able to put my thought and ideas across in the crit and see what response is given.

While producing the books, I have received several positive comments from peers. The subject of ink used came up at one point which I was not that surprised about to be honest, but many responses liked the visual impact of the stamps, the message was understood clearly without explanation which I am pleased about.

No comments:

Post a Comment