Sunday 25 March 2012

Design Principles // What is a line? - Idea Changes and development

As I have been developing my ideas I have realised that maybe if I make an individual folded leaflet for each drummer then they could be sold as part of a set of individually, this could also develop to having new releases every month, then in this case it would not only have to be limited to the funk genre.

I have been trying to develop a logo for the guides




i also have come up with an idea for the visuals of the covers for the guides.

The colours I chose for the sticks were loosely based on the colours of George Clinton's hai, because this man is the epitome of funk.




 The only Problem with this design at the minute is it will be quite hard to find a suitable place to put the title of each guide, but I may jabe to incorporate a belly band for the set which would hold the heading.

Ot really doesn't look natural when I try to place the type over the design, and it also ruins the simplicity if you try to put it under the Funk logo.

As each guide is only small, I thought I would make the most of the space on the back of the guide and place the bio of each drummer.
The font I chose was Chalet - New York Nineteen Seventy i thought it had the right shape and weight i needed for a funky design, it also suited bold and bright colours an fit well around the other visuals.


 I am not 100% sure about the placement of the bio, because the book is small, the font size has to be 9 to fit all the information on and still be readable, unfortunately it still takes up quite alot of space, which is why I chose to put it on the back page, so as not to fill the inside spread, and confuse the design.



No comments:

Post a Comment